GOD IS LOVE
“Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
It didn’t take long after Christmas for us to see Valentine’s Day decorations and cards. You are God’s beloved, so please let these truths about the love of God fill your heart with delight:
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.” John 15:9
- “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10
- “Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.” Psalm 136:26
BrookLink exists to outfit Majority World church leaders to speak into their own communities and contexts. We do this because God took the initiative and loved us first. It’s Christ’s love that compels us (2 Cor. 5:14). And it’s Christ’s love expressed through your generosity, that allows pastors and church leaders to receive nourishing biblical training. Thank you!
This month, I have been invited to teach a Zoom course over several days on “Leadership and Suffering” from the book of Job. These virtual teachings will be shared with pastors and church leaders ministering across mainland China. A special thanks to my good friends, Erik Burklin, President of China Partner, and translator, Pastor Frank Wang, for making these teachings available and accessible.
God has blessed BrookLink with a gifted and industrious bunch of facilitators. We’re thrilled to share some of their outreach plans:
- Pastor Ian Lawson has served on the Compassion International Canada Board of Directors for almost 20 years. Accompanied by his granddaughter, they will serve in Bogota and Cartagena, Colombia later this month. Ian is also gearing up to teach with me in North India in March 2023.
- Dan Green travels and serves in Prague, Czech Republic at the Evangelical Theological Seminary. We are thrilled to announce that his amazing wife, Lynne Green, has joined our facilitators team. Together, they are returning to speak at churches in the Czech Republic this June. They are also planning to return in July to introduce their Milwaukee-area church to English Camp and “hopefully build a relationship between their local church and a church in Czechnia.” Additionally, Dan, and four of his clinic staff, served in Istanbul last month, working with exiled Iranian pastors. They addressed coping with trauma. “It was very powerful. Their losses are so intense and their faith strong. The opportunities to worship together was a treasure.”
- Pastor Jeremy Light is one of our newest facilitators. Jeremy taught in Ethiopia last October with Ian Lawson. Jeremy was recently called to serve as Lead Pastor at the Evangelical Free Church of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada. Congratulations!
- Pastors Tim and Jan Ryder are on their way to Northern Kenya, where they served with United World Mission for 25 years. Tim has been instrumental in the start-up of a Bible Institute. This newly established Pastoral Training Institute will be dedicated in Vihiga, followed by Tim teaching a weeklong course on Bible Study Methods.
- Pastors Paul and Lisa Sinclair hope to resume plans to teach in Peru this summer. Also, Paul is prayerfully considering the opportunity to teach in Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of Congo in Fall ’23.
- Your prayers for Terry are appreciated as she leads a team with International Needs in Ghana this month. Her talents no doubt are a blessing to her team and the many Ghanaians she loves to serve.
Terry and I were invited by the Christian Medical and Dental Association to lead a marriage retreat for 12 doctors/dentists and their spouses last month. One couple commented, “This retreat has already changed the trajectory of our marriage. Lee and Terry were excellent speakers. We would love to hear them again.” The love of Christ pursues us, compels us and invites us to go. We are so grateful that you are on this journey with us!
With deepest gratitude,