- Give thanks for the positive feedback we have received from our recent “Windows to the World” event. It was very well attended. For those of you who missed the event, visit our Sermon & Video page to listen to my talk on the "Changing Face of Global Mission" and to watch the video we put together for the event. It's titled "BrookLink: What We Do."
- All summer Lee continues writing a book, hopefully to be published soon. Continue to pray for discipline, clarity, wisdom and creativity as he writes.
- Lee and Terry will be traveling to Seattle, WA June 12-19th to meet with several ministry partners and to promote BrookLink’s mission. Please pray for productive conversations and interactions.
- Give thanks for the men and women who serve on BrookLink’s Board of Directors. Ask God to guide them with spiritual wisdom, discernment and godly counsel as they discharge their responsibilities.
- Offer thanks for BrookLink’s incredible staff team—Becky Riebesehl (Operations), Ann Woelfel (Strategic Development) and Kathy Myszka (Marketing Asst). Pray for life-work balance, team unity, and blessing upon their families.
- Continue to pray that God will supply the financial needs of this ministry. We are sending a mid-year “appeal” letter this month. Pray that God will raise up new financial partners for BrookLink’s ministry.
- During the summer months Ann and Lee will be meeting with representatives from several area churches to request support for BrookLink’s ministry. Please pray for these important conversations.
- Give thanks to God that BrookLink was recently accredited by the ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability). This accreditation is based on the ECFA Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship, including financial accountability, transparency, sound board governance and ethical fund-raising.
- Lee has just returned from Cairo, Egypt where he and Canadian Pastor Ian Lawson were teaching/training at the Tyrannus Missionary School. There were 22 Sudanese church planters (ages 22-25) and 6 Egyptian believers (all preparing to serve Christ somewhere in Middle East). This was a thrilling week! Please pray for all of these students as they plan to graduate from this program this month and return to Sudan to plant churches across Sudan, South Sudan and the Darfur region.
- Due to Lee’s recent travels he has had to take a hiatus from book writing. He plans to resume next month. Continue to pray for clarity, wisdom and creativity as he writes.
- Lee leaves on Thursday, April 20th for Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. He will be preaching at the National Cathedral in Kinshasa on Sunday April 23rd. April 24-28th Lee will be joined by Dr. Diet Schindler (Germany) and the two will be teaching at the Cemiler Center with Congolese Church Planters and Pastors. Please pray for the Holy Spirit’s anointing upon Diet and Lee as they train these men and women in Expository Preaching and Church Planting.
- Continue to pray that God will supply the financial needs of this ministry. We rejoice and give thanks to God for a good beginning to our second quarter.
- Lee has just finished teaching a course at the Elmbrook Christian Study Center on Preaching. Give thanks that the feedback he has received from the students has been very positive. Give thanks for the 10 students who will now take this learning and apply it in their ministries.
- The Book writing project continues. Lee has just completed chapter 4. He hopes to have this book ready for publication by early Fall 2017. Please pray for clarity, wisdom and creativity as he writes.
- Lee will be in Prague, Czech Republic March 19-27, 2017. He has been asked to consult with Czech, Dutch, German and American Church leaders in Prague about a citywide vision for Prague. Pray for fruitful, cooperative and kingdom-oriented initiatives to emerge from these meetings.
- Lee will be traveling to North Africa April 1-9, 2017. Canadian Pastor Ian Lawson will accompany Lee. They will conduct weeklong training at the Tyrannus Missionary School. Pastor Ian will be teaching through the Book of James and Pastor Lee will be speaking on the “Art and Practice of Spiritual Leadership.” Please pray for the Holy Spirit’s anointing upon Ian and Lee as they teach and that believers will be encouraged and strengthened.
- Every year about this time, we struggle to maintain our cash flow, which results in having to ‘dip into’ our reserve account. Pray that God will supply our financial needs during this stretch and also pray for an increase of monthly donors and one-time donors.
- Please pray for the strategic conversations/communications we are currently having with churches about support for BrookLink. Pray for openness and willingness on their part to partner and support BrookLink’s mission.
- BrookLink will be hosting our annual “Windows to the World” event on Sunday evening May 7th from 6:00-7:30pm at Meadowbrook Church in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Our theme will be “The Faces of BrookLink.” Pray for the planning details behind this event that have to be coordinated. Pray for Jan Keddie, our volunteer Program Coordinator, for the technical team as they are preparing the videos and technical pieces, for the worship team and for Lee and Terry as they prepare to share.
- Lee is currently writing his first book for the global church. We hope to have this book ready for publication by early Fall 2017. Please pray for clarity, wisdom and creativity as he writes.
- Lee will be serving in Prague, Czech Republic March 19-27, 2017. He has been asked to consult with Czech, Dutch, German and American Church leaders in Prague about a citywide vision for Prague. Pray for fruitful, cooperative and kingdom-oriented initiatives to emerge from these meetings.
- Give thanks for our “Affiliate Partners” Drs. Paul and Lisa Sinclair and Dr. Dan Green for the fruitful ministries they have recently conducted in Mali, Djibouti and Czech Republic respectively.
- BrookLink has brought on our first full-time staff person, Ann Woelfel. She possesses a wealth of experience and has already made a great impact. Ann will be working in several different areas of our ministry including strategic development and donor relations. Pray for her adjustments as she steps into her new role.
- In Feb-Mar Lee is teaching a course on “The Theology and Methodology of Biblical Preaching” at the Elmbrook Christian Study Center. There are 10 students (5 men and 5 women) taking the course.
- We rejoice that we started 2017 in a better financial position than past years. Our biggest challenge year-to-year is managing our cash flow. Increasing the number of monthly donors is one way to address our cash flow. Pray for an increase of monthly donors.
- We are already in conversation with several new churches in our area to seek financial support for BrookLink. Pray for these important conversations with church leaders in the months ahead.
- BrookLink will be hosting our annual “Windows to the World” event on Sunday evening May 7th from 6:00-7:30pm at Meadowbrook Church in Wauwatosa. Pray for our planning team as we prepare the evening’s program to inspire, inform and invite those who attend to join BrookLink in equipping, empowering and releasing global church leaders!
- Pray for the completion and publication of a new book Lee is writing for the global church.
- Pray for the men and women BrookLink has been invited to train in Czech Republic, North Africa, Democratic Republic of Congo and Ethiopia in 2017.
- Pray as we continue to tell the “BrookLink story” both locally and nationally. We are exploring new partnerships, cultivating new sources of funding, onboarding new trainers/facilitators and participating in new gospel movements across the globe.
- Pray as we take bold steps of faith into the future, that God will enable us to achieve 100% of 2017 Annual Budget